SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Multilingual and multicultural business professional with 18 years of business/media experience
- Exceptional project management skills and problem solving acumen
- Seasoned producer, researcher, translator and interviewer (industries: media, public relations, marketing, travel, tourism, non-profit sectors)
- Respected and recognized media personality with wide-spread awareness within the Hispanic community and key markets including Colorado, Arizona, Argentina and Uruguay – strong public speaking and improvisational skills
- Responsible for revenue, market share and ratings increases in every assigned position, role and project throughout my career
- Nominated for a Marconi (2008) – Radio Award
- Nominated for an Emmy (2005) – Television Award
- Nomination for a Tabare (1998) – Radio Award (Top Honor in South America)
LANGUAGES & GLOBAL EXPERTISE
- Fluent in Spanish, English, Portuguese, knowledge of German
- Lived and/or worked abroad: 18 years (in Argentina, Uruguay, Mexico, North America)
PROFESSIONAL TELEVISION EXPERIENCE
TV AZTECA (Denver), 2009 to the present
- Independently generates assignments, produces, evaluates and hosts stories and news tips to develop segment ideas at “Plaza TV” (Anchor and main producer).
- Gathers and verifies factual information regarding stories through interview, observation, and research.
- Organizes material, determines content direction, and writes scripts according to prescribed editorial style and format standards.
KUSA TV (Colorado Market, 9Health Fair), 2008 to the present.
On-Air Personality/Community Relations/Volunteer Engagement Specialist/Trans-creator and Spokesperson
- Engages Latino community to help diversify clientele population.
- Responsible for 300% growth in viewership of focus demographic.
- Public Service Announcements (authors, produces, performs) resulting in participation of thousands of people in key events and health fairs. Translations from the General Market at NBC into the Latino Media at the Denver Metro Area.
- Coordinates interactions and participation of key community, civic and religious organizations.
- Manages hotlines and mentors a diverse community of volunteers during Fairs.
A.A.R.P. TV (Washington D.C), 2010, TELEMUNDO (Miami), 2009-2011, ESTRELLA TV (Los Angeles, CA), 2012
Senior Freelance Reporter/Writer/Producer/ Director/Translator on site
- For A.A.R.P.: Generated stories. Script writer and editor for radio show website and blog in Los Angeles and New York.
- For Telemundo: Established leads with U.S. Marshals, Denver Police Department (Homicide Unit). Investigated Latino homicides.
- For ESTRELLA TV: Wrote, produced, hosted special hardcore news packages for “Cierre de Edicion” (Enrique Gratas).
- Managed and directed crew, wrote and/or translated scripts and organized human and material resources.
- Produced, performed and hosted interviews, news stories and/or segments.
- Responsible for meeting criteria of shows, and budgets.
UNIVISION (Colorado Market, Channel 50), 2002 – 2005
On-air weather anchor and strong television personalityWeather Anchor/Reporter/Writer/Producer/ Sports Anchor back up
- Responsible for top viewership/ratings (consistently top two) for news programs
- Generated weather forecasts, maps, and data for each daily Spanish newscast
- Reported, wrote and hosted weather, entertainment, sports and news teasers for newscasts (2)
- Produced and hosted the weekly entertainment segment of the newscast
AMERICA SPORTS TV (Buenos Aires Market, Channel 64), 2001
- Television host for weekly series focused on competitive maritime sports and lifestyle
- Produced all segments (scripts, research and on-air performance)
- Produced a pilot television program
DEPORTES TV (Buenos Aires Market, Channel 34), 1998
- Responsible for “Futbol por TV” series, focused on competitive local club sport teams
- Produced/performed all segments (scripts, research and interviews)
- Anchored and hosted show
PROFESSIONAL RADIO EXPERIENCE
KNRV/KNUV RADIO (Colorado/Arizona Market, La Buena Onda, 1150/1190 AM), 2005-2008
Radio Personality/Reporter/Writer/Producer/Board Operator
- Daily broadcaster of the national show “De Corazon a Corazon”
- Produced, wrote, translated and reported on investigative series, stories and news. Interviewed and developed rapport with guest and clients.
- General producer and on-air talent of a daily show that contributed to the empowerment of the Latino community through education, resources and counseling
- Co-created the “Autism Latino Association” and free psychological counseling groups for persons with no health care
- Advocated for women’s rights and proper health education
RADIO PUNTA (Uruguay Market, Concierto, 105.3/94.7 FM), 1994 – 1997, 2002
- Produced and hosted special music programs as a strong on-air personality.
- Coordinated interviews with regional music personalities, radio segments, contests and special promos.
- Arranged and produced various segments.
- Produced a daily six-hour magazine-style show that contributed a record $3.5 million dollars of total revenue for the station in a three-month period
- Co-hosted a music show with Bahiano Horta, leader of famous Argentinean band “Los Pericos”
FM DEL SOL (Uruguay Market, 99.5/96.7 FM), 1997 – 2001
General Producer/Radio Personality/Assignment Director
- Hosted the award-wining sports program “Open Radio”
- Hosted the entertainment program “Salimos” and the cuisine show “Lifestyle”
- Assignment director for remote interviews and sports news reporting
- Developed artistic concepts for various productions, programs and segments of the station
EDUCATION & INTERESTS
- Bachelor of Arts (Communications, Broadcasting and Journalism, minor in Communications and Voice Over – 1993)
- “Instituto Superior de Enseñanza de Radiodifusión,” Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Certificates in Audio Editing and Camera & Video Basics from 9News & Hispanic Media College, Denver, CO (2012)
- Participated in Dean M. Savoca’s workshop “Discover Your Strengths for Career Success” (2008)
- Portuguese certification (Instituto Sao Paulo, 2000)
- German certification (4 semesters completed – Bertolt Brecht Institut-2001)
- Public relations, Psychology, reading, researching, hiking, biking, climbing 14ers, running 5 Ks and cross country skiing.